- Ph.D. in Computer Science & Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, 2011
- M.E. in Software Engineering, Jadavpur University, 2006
- B. Tech. in Information Technology, Kalyani Government Engineering College, 2004.
- Cyber Security
- Image Watermarking and Steganography
- Visual Attention Modeling and Its Applications
- Hand-written Document Fraud Detection
- Bank Cheque Image Analysis
- Soft Computing
- Machine Learning
- Pattern Recognition
- Data Structure
- Image Processing
- Soft Computing
- Working as Assistant Professor in IDRBT since August 2011.
- Worked as Research Associate, Center for Soft Computing Research, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata from December 2010 to August 2011.
Executive Education Offered in the Areas of
- Cyber Security
- Web Server Security
- Banking Technologies
- Ravi Uyyala (Jointly with Dr. M. V. N. K. Prasad), Reversible Data Hiding (Enrolled in August 2014)
- Prabhat Dansena,(Jointly with Dr. Soumen Bag at Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad), Hand-written Document Fraud Detection, (Enrolled in September 2015)
- Standard Bodies
- Member, IEEE Computational Intelligence Society
- Recent Programme Committees
- 5th International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications, and Informatics (ICACCI 2016) to be held at Jaipur, India on September 2016
- International Conference on Computer Vision and Image Processing (CVIP 2016) held at IIT Roorkee, India on February 2016
- 12th IEEE India International Conference (Indicon 2015) held at New Delhi, India on December, 2015
- 3rd International Conference on Mining Intelligence and Knowledge Exploration (MIKE 2015) held at IIIT Hyderabad, India on December, 2015
- 4th International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI 2015) held at Kochi, India on August 2015
- 3rd International Conference on Advanced Computing, Networking and Informatics (ICACNI 2015) held at Bhubaneswar, India on June 2015
- 8th International Conference on Advances in Pattern Recognition (ICAPR 2015) held at Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata on January 2015
- Special Track on Bio-Inspired Machine Vision at 8th International Conference on Bio-Inspired Information and Communication Technologies (BICT 2014) held at Boston, Massachusetts, United States on December 2014.)
- 2nd International Conference on Mining Intelligence and Knowledge Exploration (MIKE 2014) held at Cork, Ireland on December 2014.
- R. Pal, A. Mukherjee, P. Mitra and J. Mukherjee, "Modelling Visual Saliency using Degree Centrality", IET Computer Vision, Vol. 4, Issue 3, pp. 218-229, September 2010.
- A. Gorai, R. Pal, and P. Gupta, "Document fraud detection by ink analysis using texture features and histogram matching", Proc. of IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, Vancouver, Canada, July 2016
- R. Uyyala, M. V. N. K. Prasad, and R. Pal, "Selected Context Dependent Prediction for Reversible Watermarking with Optimal Embedding", Proc. of International Conference on Computer Vision and Image Processing, Roorkee, India, February 2016
- R. K. Kumar and R. Pal, "Constrained maximization of saliency of intended objects for guiding attention", Proc. of 12th IEEE India International Conference, pages 1-6, New Delhi, India, December 2015
- K. Rakesh and R. Pal, "Detecting background line as a pre-processing for offline signature verification", Proc. of 2nd International Conference on Mining Intelligence and Knowledge Exploration, LNCS – 8891, pages 164-171, Cork, Ireland, December 2014
- C. Balakrishna, V. Naveenchandra, and R. Pal, "Image steganography using single digit sum with varying base", Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Computing and Communication Technologies, pp. 1-5, Bangalore, India, January 2014
- C. Balakrishna, V. Naveenchandra, and R. Pal, "Image Steganography using Generalized Base Single Digit Sum (GB-SDS)", Proc. of IEEE INDICON, pages 1-4, Mumbai, India, December 2013
- R. Pal, J. Mukherjee, and P. Mitra, "How Do Warm Colors Affect Visual Attention?", Proc. of ICVGIP, Mumbai, India, December 2012.
- R. Pal, P. Mitra, and J. Mukherjee, "Image Retargeting using Controlled Shrinkage", Proc. of ICVGIP, Mumbai, India, December 2012.
- R. Pal, P. Mitra, and J. Mukhopadhyay, "Generation of Groundtruth Data for Visual Saliency Experiments using Image Segmentation", In: Proc. of 5th IEEE International Congress on Image and Signal Processing, pp. 889-893, Chongqing, China, October 2012
- R. Pal, P. Mitra, and J. Mukhopadhyay, "Suitable Features for Visual Saliency Computation in Monochrome Images", In: Proc. of 4th IEEE International Congress on Image and Signal Processing, pp. 1457-1460, Sanghai, China, October 2011.
- R. Pal eds., "Innovative Research in Attention Modeling and Computer Vision Applications", IGI Global, October 2015.
- Book Chapters
- R. Pal, "Applications of Visual Attention in Image Processing, Computer Vision, and Graphics", Innovative Research in Attention Modeling and Computer Vision Applications (R. Pal eds.), IGI Global, pp. 45-68, October 2015
- R. Pal and P. C. Tripathi, "Content-aware image retargeting: a survey", Innovative Research in Attention Modeling and Computer Vision Applications (R. Pal eds.), IGI Global, pp. 115-131, October 2015
- R. Pal, "Computational Models of Visual Attention: A Survey", Recent Advances in Computer Vision and Image Processing: Methodologies and Applications (R. Srivastava, S. K. Singh, and K. K. Shukla eds.), IGI Global, pp. 54-76, September 2013
- R. Pal, S. K. Pal, and A. Ghosh "Video Summarization and Significant of Content: A Review", In: Handbook on Soft Computing for Video Surveillance (S. K. Pal, A. Petrosino, L. Maddalena eds.), Chapman & Hall/CRC, pp. 79-107, January 2012.
Click for CV
Back to Faculty Page