IDRBT Research Project Scheme (IRPS)
The IDRBT Research Project Scheme intends to widen the human resources base of researchers in Banking Technology by attracting candidates who have practical knowledge, are facing technology issues, and are keen on solving them. The salient features of the scheme are as under:
- Encourage Research & Development oriented talent to work on specific implementable solutions for IT based problems / issues/ challenges faced by banks
- Bring on board practitioners to undertake and pursue critical research projects successfully and thereby contribute to the IDRBT's research universe
- Develop and deliver working prototypes for commercial use in due course
- Provide an opportunity to bright minds, who are facing various technology issues and need some time and resources to resolve them.
IRPS Scholars shall bring with them practical knowledge of the issues faced and the constraints within which the IT based solutions need to be worked out. They would undertake short-term research projects in various areas of Banking Technology. Research Projects could be undertaken in one of the following areas or any other technology area, directly relevant to banking, and acceptable to the IDRBT:
- Financial Networks and Applications
- Electronic Payment and Settlement Systems
- Security Technologies for the Financial Sector
- Financial Information Systems and Analytics
- A First Class or equivalent B.Tech. or B.E or M. Sc. or MBA or CA or ICWAI
- Officers who have worked in IT departments or have handled IT responsibilities in Banks/reputed organizations or in academic Institutions like IIT/IIMs for a period of three years
- Has sufficient IT background in terms of knowledge and utilization of IT systems, tools and techniques
- Has a flair for Research & Development based problems-solving
- Scholars working in IITs & IIMs may also be considered for this scheme and such scholars may be permitted to carry out the Research Project under this scheme at their own Institutions under the supervision of IDRBT
- Age is no restriction.
Six scholarships in one financial year. Out of the six scholarships, up to three may be offered on a non-residential basis to high potential working candidates. And up to two scholarships may be open to scholars from other countries.
- A working prototype that contributes to the IDRBT's research and development activities
- A research paper in a good journal/conference and a project report
- Share the research output through a seminar or a publication or at any appropriate forum that IDRBT may decide
- IDRBT shall be free to use the output as may be appropriately decided
- Teach in the Institute's M. Tech., PGDBT and Executive Development Training Programmes
- Carry out all other responsibilities assigned from time to time by the Institute, including implementation of various projects related to the Banking Sector and also.
- One economy class apex return-airfare from place of residence/work in India for interview
- One economy class apex return airfare from place of work in India to IDRBT for carrying out the project
- Monthly allowance of Rs. 30,000/- (Rupees Thirty Thousand only) to full-time IRPS Scholars
- In the case of non-residential high potential working candidates, the monthly allowance would be Rs.15,000/- and the Institute may conduct at least one mid-term review of the progress of the project. Further, such candidates would have to submit a monthly progress report for continuation of the scholarship. The Institute may provide return cheapest economy class air tickets from the candidate's place of work in India for the mid-term review and submission of the project report. The tickets would be booked by the Institute
- In the case of scholars from other countries, the two scholarships may be offered on a non-residential basis. Such scholars would have to submit a monthly progress report for continuation of the scholarship. The selection interview and mid-term reviews for such scholars may be done through skype or similar modes. Such scholars would be a monthly allowance of $1000 or equivalent
- On completion of the project and on acceptance of the same by the IDRBT, payment of Rupees one to three lakh depending upon the deliverables of the project, as honorarium
- The project and deliverables shall be evaluated by three referees independently and each one of them shall rate the deliverables as A - Excellent; B - Good; C - Satisfactory and D - Not Satisfactory. Based on the majority view of the three referees, the deliverables which score 'A' shall be paid Rs. Three Lakh; which score 'B' shall be paid Rs Two Lakh; which score 'C' shall be paid One Lakh; and which score 'D' shall not be paid honorarium
- Office space, normal facilities, and access to the IDRBT Library facility
- Lodging and boarding facility and food in the canteen will be provided free of cost.
The duration of the project will be from six months to upto one year¸ depending on the case under consideration. The exact duration of the project within the year would be agreed upon while starting the project itself.
Applicants are invited to send a research proposal of not over 2000 words, clearly detailing the deliverables, along with the curriculum vitae and duly-filled application form. The short listed candidates will then be interviewed by a selection panel. This is a rolling scheme and applications received for selection will be evaluated from time to time. Interested candidates may send their application along with their curriculum vitae, research proposal and the proposed deliverables to: